Councilman Thomas Brennan
Age: 63; married to former Belmar Borough Council President Merry Brennan; three children: Ciaran, 27, Aislinn, 26 and Sean, 23; has lived in Belmar since 1992
BAND DIRECTOR/ MUSIC INSTRUCTOR, RETIRED
Belmar Public School, New Jersey: 2001 - 2019"
Highlands & Atlantic Highlands Public Schools, New Jersey: 1989 - 2001
Long Branch Elementary Schools, New Jersey: 1983 - 1986
- Increased band enrollment by 300% in these Monmouth County, NJ public schools.
- Presented Instrumental Music Workshop, Bayshore Comsortium Artistic Convocation, 1996 to 2002, 1993 and 1992.
- Helps plan and conduct the annual Sending District Middle School Band.
- Named Teacher of the Year 1996-97, Highlands Elementary School.
- Invited to present & perform at the International Society of Music Educators (ISME) Biannual Convention in Amsterdam, the Netherlands and the Music Educator's National Conference (MENC) Annual Convention in Cincinnati, OH.
PROFESSIONAL ENTERTAINER - 1977 - present
- As a singer/guitarist, perform many styles (classical, blues, Irish, pop, rock) in a variety of venues (clubs, colleges, educational programs, concerts, festivals) as a soloist or in ensembles. Currently performs with Shore Blue Band.
BELMAR ARTS COUNCIL
· Trustee – 2008-2011
COACH/LEAGUE TREASURER: 1998 - 2008
- Coached Little Stars and girls softball.
- Belmar-Avon-Lake Como Little League Treasurer 2004-2008.
- Coached clinic level soccer for Belmar Recreation 2000-2002.
ARTS CAMP ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: 1981 - 1995
Brookdale Community College Arts Camp, Lincroft, New Jersey
- Provided administrative and operational support for this highly respected visual, performing and creative arts program for youth, grades 3-9.
- Supervised teaching assistants; recruited and trained high school and college interns.
- Presented ethnic and electronic music programs; provided guitar instruction.
• MASTER OF MUSIC, Emphasis in Music Education/World Musics
Kent State University, May 1989, GPA - 3.96, Area of Emphasis - 4.00
• BACHELOR OF ARTS, Major in Music Education
Jersey City State College, 1983, Dean's List - six semesters
• ASSOCIATE OF ARTS, Major in Music
Brookdale Community College, 1979